“And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane by those
who could not hear the music.”
– Friedrich Nietsche
Our ballet is taught with a heavy Checcetti influence emphasizing the use of proper technique and body placement to discourage injuries and prolong the life of the dancer.
Contemporary is a combination of Ballet and Jazz which is why there is no Level I and why one must first take at least one year of both before taking Contemporary. It focuses on the isometric work of muscles which is excellent for improving strength and flexibility. It also has a heavy emphasis on expressing emotions which helps with stage presence.
Benefits of Dance
- It improves balance, control, flexibility, posture, poise and grace. This beneficial for everyone not just the dancer or athlete.
- It helps with memorization skills and the understanding of patterns and sequences.
- It provides discipline, commitment, and a strong work ethic.
- It is an emotional outlet in which a person can truly reflect their feelings through body movement. The ability to dance is present in everyone, it only needs to be cultivated.
- It also helps the body’s circulatory system as it makes your heart pump blood faster which encourages overall fitness.
- All of these helps improve self-confidence!
624 New Bridge Street, Suite #800
Jacksonville, NC 28540
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Weekends: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.